Friday, May 17, 2013

One Last One

I have to make one final post today. That is to wish my boy a wonderful, Happy Birthday coming up on Sunday. He is turning two years old. Today he is having a surprise birthday cake at his daycare, and his mom will be showing up early to take part. He is starting to grasp the concept about his special day, and has seen other toddlers getting cakes over the past several months. As such, he gets quite excited over people singing "Happy birthday to you....". No telling how he will react to being the center of attention, however he is quite accustomed to that at home. 
Anyhow, mommy and daddy are taking him to the zoo tomorrow as part of his birthday weekend, and he is getting a special cake at home, adorned with Woody and Buzz icing and decorations. I'm pretty sure if he hasn't fully grasped the concept yet, he will certainly be primed for his birthday by next year. 
Still hard to imagine that two years have passed since we welcomed him into the world. As much as I am enjoying watching him grow and develop, I know there will be one day soon when it seems like it all passed by so fast. I will no doubt be proud of the young man he grows up to be, but I will surely miss that little boy who likes being enveloped in daddy's arms. I will miss the little boy who comes running full speed to the front door for a hug, yelling "Daddy daddy!!!" when I come home from work. I will miss the little boy who manages to find moles and scars or blemishes on my arms, calling them "boo boo's" as he picks at them. I will surely miss our short car trips in the mornings to daycare, where he laughs at daddy's corny jokes or cartoon voices. 
As he grows into a young boy and then into a young man, we will find new ways to relate to each other. There will without doubt be tests to our relationship along the way. I just hope he grows up knowing how much his dad loves him, and that he will always have his back. To wrap this up, I wish my boy a very happy 2nd birthday. May you always be happy and successful, however you choose to define it. May you always feel secure in the knowledge that your parents love you and support you. 

Love,

Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment